- Understanding Voice Recognition Search Using Visualforce
- You are reading: Create Chrome Extension for Voice Recognition Search in Salesforce
After this unit, you can search using voice recognition system in salesforce search bar. Right now you can search by typing text. It’s little time-consuming. This extension provides Speech to Text functionality.
This post also gives you basic things for how to create a chrome extension.
How does it work?
You just have to click on salesforce search bar, after this speech and you will be redirected to search result as salesforce providing.
Implementation of Extension:
We need five components :
4. background.js (Read here)
Every extension has a JSON-formatted manifest file, named manifest.json, that provides important information. Read more about manifest file. In this file we defines that on which domain extension will work, in this example it works for *.salesforce.com . we can enable for salesforce community as well.
Get code files from Github.
How to install it in google chrome?
1. Create a folder name as “Salesforce Now”
2. Put all files in this folder
3. Type chrome://extensions/ in your browser
4. Check the Developer Mode CheckBox
5. Click on Load unpacked extension.
6. It will open a window, in this window define the path of your chrome extension folder.
After all setup, it will appear in your extension list.
Whenever your browser will open, it asks for continue with developer mode that time select continue.
Now refresh or open a new salesforce page, click on the search bar. Allow it to Use your microphone.