- How to Setup MavensMate in Sublime Text
- You are reading: How to Setup MavensMate in Atom
About MavensMate :
MavensMate is great tool for building Force.com IDE. It provides the super-powerful Salesforce.com Partner, Metadata, and Tooling APIs to provide a rich experience for developers. It provides rich UIs for common operations like creating new projects, editing projects, running Apex unit tests, deploying to servers etc.
About Atom ( A hackable text editor for the 21st Century ):
Atom is a text editor that’s modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file.
1. Cross-platform editing : Atom works across operating systems. You can use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.
2. Built-in package manager : Search for and install new packages or start creating your own—all from within Atom.
3. Smart autocompletion : Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete.
4. File system browser : Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
5. Multiple panes : Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
6. Find and replace : Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.
You can make lighting apps and components. Atom provides code assist, quick find etc. Atom support commands as well. Like press ctrl + shift + p and type New Apex class.
Download Atom from here…
A. Install Atom on your machine.
B. After installing open it.
C. Install MavensMate :
1. Now go to Packages > Setting View > Install Packages/Themes
2. Search here for MavensMate then click on Packages.
3. After that click on Install Button.
4. Restart your machine after installing MavensMate .
D. Setup Directories :
1. Go to Packages > Setting View > Install Packages/Themes
2. Click on Packages.
3. Here click on Setting button on MavensMate package.
4. In setting section, specify you directory.
E. Setup Salesforce Projects :
1. Open Atom and Go on MavensMate > Project > New Project.
2. Fill Info of project here.
Note : In the password box , password must be password+Security Token
Like if password is test123 and security key is asdfghjkkblvls then put both together test123asdfghjkkblvls
NOTE : If you are getting Error 5: Access is denied error , please turn off your firewall or disable your antivirus. In my case i removed my McAfee.
Cheers with lightning development !!